Indigo Arts Alliance values the care and safety of our local and global community. The wellness of our artists, supporters, and allies is deeply important when navigating the world in a global pandemic. We at Indigo understand that crises surrounding health, access, and security hit our black and brown community the hardest, and it is deeply important that we care for the wellbeing of ourselves and our community of color during this time.
With care and consideration, we have crafted safety and wellness protocols to accompany the reopening of our physical studio spaces. With the goal of sustaining an environment where all staff, visitors, and residents can have a safe space to create and be in community, Indigo is excited to invite you back. If you should have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
- Anyone traveling from out-of-state other than NH and VT must quarantine for 14 days OR have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival and must complete a Certificate of Compliance. Keep Maine Healthy Certificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors
- If the test is positive, the Indigo team will coordinate with our resident to reschedule their travel plans and residency dates. After waiting the two week quarantine period, the resident is welcome to join us in the studios upon a negative test result.
- During your residency, if you begin to display symptoms we will help you make arrangements to be tested at the nearest facility.
- While awaiting test results you may remain in residence, but should effectively self-quarantine in your private living space, limiting your movement and interactions with others as much as possible. If you test positive, you will be asked to leave the studio and quarantine at the lodging provided. We will work with you to reschedule the remainder of your residency and honor or prorate the financial award as appropriate.
- If a fellow resident tests positive, they will be asked to return home to self-quarantine. All staff and other residents will be tested and all onsite work will be suspended until all results are received.
- It is entirely likely that this process will span multiple residency periods if it is needed. If the studio needs to be closed and your residency is affected, we will do everything possible to reschedule and honor or prorate the financial award as appropriate.
- All staff, residents, and visitors should default to wearing a mask and maintaining physical distance when entering the Indigo Studio.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or more. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Maintain physical distance
- Limit sharing items such as phones, computers, desks, other work tools or equipment
- We expect that staff and residents will adhere to CDC and city directed guidelines when off campus in order to reduce the chance of transmission. Please find more information on City of Portland directives here.
- Upon entering the Indigo Arts Alliance studio, it is mandatory that you wear a mask.
- Each resident will be assigned their own private living space, and will be working in communal or semi-private studio spaces.
- The Indigo studio has communal workspace and equipment that you may utilize as you please to access tools, supplies, etc. When leaving a shared space for an extended period of time, we ask that you condense your project and clean the tables, tools, and general facilities that were used with provided disinfectant cleaning supplies.
- Residents are allowed to have visitors within their living/studio space, but are urged to limit the frequency and duration of these visits. Visitors must adhere to all guidelines laid out in this document. Please inform the staff beforehand and discuss any preparations that are needed.
- Indigo highly encourages residents to travel in a personal vehicle, bike, or walk to their destinations once here. If a resident does not have a car, staff can assist with errands and supplies when necessary.
- Indigo’s studio has a kitchenette and dining area that will meet the needs of most residents. After using the kitchen, the resident should wipe down all surfaces with provided disinfectant spray.
- In Indigo’s private living accomodations, there is a private kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and backyard patio that the resident’s are for your use. We urge the number and frequency of guests remain minimal in these spaces. We trust the judgement of our chosen residents to facilitate safe and considerate visitation with any guests.
- Indigo Arts Alliance has a weekly professional cleaning service that comes to clean the general studio space, office, kitchen, bathrooms, and heavily trafficked touchpoints.
- In shared spaces (such as the kitchen, workshop, etc), staff and residents should clean and wipe down surfaces they have come in contact with after each use. This could include tables, counters, door handles, light switches, handrails, etc.
- Indigo housing will be professionally cleaned prior to your revival and will be cleaned again after your departure
- Residents are responsible for maintaining a clean private living space while in residence, using the cleaning supplies provided. At the end of their stay, each resident must strip their beds and place all sheets, towels, etc in the laundry basket in the bathroom.
- Our cleaning service will clean and sanitize bedrooms, bathrooms and studio spaces and allow the rooms to sit empty for four days between residents.
Covid Related Resources: