Indigo Arts Alliance (IAA) seeks a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This position will report to the Executive Director. Indigo Arts Alliance (IAA) is located in the heart of the vibrant East Bayside community of Portland, Maine. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for successfully overseeing our marketing, public relations, and community outreach efforts to ensure our brand and voice are well represented in public as we promote our programming, content, and organizational initiatives. The qualified candidate must be able to create, manage and execute comprehensive marketing campaigns to promote our organization, programming and special events with a view toward growing and diversifying IAA’s audience. This is a Full-time: In-Person or possibility of hybrid; Monday-Friday and weekends as needed position. Event attendance required.
- Marketing (across all platforms)
- Social Media
- Website Content development and oversight
- Internal and External Communications
- IAA Archive
- Establishes a comprehensive Marketing Plan that is informed by innovative ideas and best practices that are effective across all media touch points. Consistently implements plans and is able to activate ideas with proactive knowledge of how to get things done (what resources are needed, industry contacts, up front production planning and follow through etc..)
- Responsible for the IAA website(s) look and feel ensuring all content is kept updated. Serves as point of contact providing direction and feedback for all external vendors on Design and Web Dev/Tech
- Is able to assist with general IAA website maintenance with solid knowledge of how to give Creative Direction
- Lead in conceptualizing IAA social media strategy. Responsible for maintaining active social media presence for the organization with support from Executive Director and Deputy Director (utilizing guidelines and IAA style guide provided).
- Regularly create and execute enticing content for IAA’s social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.) with a view toward attracting new followers and expanding IAA’s digital footprint, including increasing engagement with followers and community members. Responsible for sourcing and researching content to be used for our various social media platforms
- Strong copyediting and copywriting skills are a necessity. Responsible for writing social media post copy and website copy. Develops and schedules e-newsletters and e-blasts in a timely manner
- Is able to track Marketing analytics and accurately summarize and report them to team and for external purposes (ie. Grant writing, corp presentations etc…)
- Develop, maintain and organize IAA marketing and press materials utilizing IAA project Management systems
- Responsible for writing and sending all IAA Press Releases. Works with PR colleagues to build relationships with key press contacts, locally and nationally. Keeps track of all IAA press mentions and updates the team on a regular basis. Keep an organized database of press-ready photos for institutional use and publicity purposes
- Maintains an up to date archive of IAA programs and events (video recordings, invitations, press mentions, etc.)
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of internal/external communication documents ie. Information Templates, Studio Guidelines, Artist in Residence Handbook, etc)
- Manage the updating and organization of the master mailing list. Maintains Mailchimp database regularly. Works closely with IAA Admin to ensure all contact information databases are aligned and organized for ease of use and accessibility of information
- Use design programs and online platforms to create marketing collateral (posters, flyers, advertisements), development (including sponsorship pitch decks) and organizational materials for both print and digital use
- Be present at IAA programs, events, and activations, representing the organization in an externally focused professional manner
- Other projects and assignments as needed
- Bachelors required | Masters preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or multi disciplinary arts experience a plus
- Experienced in digital/social media and all its platforms
- Experienced in Public Relations and Event planning
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience with strong verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills, fluent computer literacy
- Graphic Design skills and knowledge of graphic design programs (Adobe Suite, InDesign, Photoshop etc…). Basic photography and videography skills
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Pages/Microsoft Word, Keynote/Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Be a self-starter who can receive collaborative direction but also work independently
- Be an efficient and detail-oriented worker producing quality work on both short and long-term projects
- Desire to find creative solutions to all challenges and problems
- Personal qualities of kindness, integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.Be a creative problem solver with a passion for the arts
For full-time employees benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous vacation time, and paid sick leave.
Indigo Arts Alliance is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
To apply, please upload cover letter, resume, salary requirements to this following Submittable link. Salary range is from $35,000- $45,000 depending on experience and skill set.
Applications are accepted from December 2022 and the position will remain open until filled. Ideal starting date for this position is March 2023.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
About: Indigo Arts Alliance mission is to connect Black and Brown artists from around the world with Maine’s artists of African descent through our multidisciplinary artist-in-residency programs that embody a Black-led approach to creativity, community-building, and mentoring. We provide the time and space necessary for the development of new work, as well as focused public programming that brings communities in close contact with creative processes and practices that broaden cultural awareness.
What We Do: We believe artists play a unique role in strengthening our multiracial democracy. Artists are at the forefront of movements for equity and justice around the globe using their creative practices and collective voices to illuminate the challenges and beauty inherent in all cultures and communities. A core imperative of Indigo Arts Alliance is to build communities by bringing together artists from diverse backgrounds of the African Diaspora to engage in their creative process, participate in arts enrichment programs and to serve as both mentors and mentees. We encourage open discourse to form deep partnerships and build the necessary framework to unite Maine artists with the global Black arts movement.
Staffing: IAA is currently led by co-founder and Executive Director, Marcia Minter; co-founder Daniel Minter, Artist Director; Deputy Director, Jordia Benjamin; Ashley Page, Studio and Programs Coordinator and Aminata Conteh, Marketing and Communication Coordinator and Veronica Perez, Administrative Assistant. Indigo Arts Alliance is also supported by a robust community of Board members and Advisors, community partners, sponsors and funders.