Indigo Arts Alliance (IAA) is seeking an experienced office manager to assist in supporting the day-to-day management of the administrative aspects of our organization that will continue to drive its future growth. IAA is a nonprofit artist residency program that invests in supporting artists across disciplines, including visual arts, performing arts, creative writing and music composition. IAA provides both the time and space necessary for the development of new work; it also offers public programming that uses creative processes to bring communities together and expand cultural awareness.
We are looking for a detail oriented, pro-active individual who has experience overseeing operational tasks such as accounting prep working with a bookkeeper/accountant, file systems creation (digital and manual), importing and maintaining donor databases (software: Little Green Light), basic scheduling using Google calendars, experience using project management tools i.e. Mondays.
Indigo Arts Alliance Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Supports IAA operations by maintaining office systems and working closely with staff.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing best practices for efficient operations, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Works with IAA leadership to achieve financial objectives by preparing a budget for office/studio needs, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Managing and ordering office and studio supplies
- Working with IAA’s bookkeeper in maintaining accurate up to date financial books and records
Compensation and Hours
This is a part-time position consisting of a 20 hour work week at $17.00 per hour. Working days to be determined.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Managing processes
- Developing standards
- Promoting process improvement
- Tracking budget expenses
- Excellent people skills
- Reporting / attention to detail
- Supply management
- Inventory control
- College degree or equivalent
- Two to three years’ management experience in an office setting
- Specific industry experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and Google Drive, Little Green Light Donor database system, basics of Quickbooks
- Apple Mac operating systems
This position is open until filled. For more information, please contact email@example.com.